Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My own Headstart

Seattle is such a beautiful city during the winter. The clouds race across the sky, gray and sodden. We’ve had a near record breaking string of rainy days.

I’m not even in the RT program yet and yet I’m studying. Today I took notes from the terrific book, Radiographic Imaging & Exposure 5th Ed.,pb,2000.

It really lays the concepts out in easy to follow side bars. I worked on the parameters controlling photographic factors like density and contrast. It turns out there’s quite a few. Miliamperage seconds, Kilovoltage peak and grid ratios to name a few.

My strategy is simple, knock out the basic understanding of the radiologic concept to ahead in the game. I’ve been told to expect an info dump early on.

What I really want to do is figure out some way to practice positioning techniques. I’ve got the books. It’d be very cool to put several competencies under my belt before the program even starts.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home