Friday, August 25, 2006

Clinical Starts Monday.

Clinical starts next week at the local trauma center. I'm feeling mixed emotions of elation, because it's finally time, and a sort of fear of how I'll adjust to working in a hospital. We'll be there for two 40-hour weeks starting Monday.


Last week was challenging, more so than I'd have thought going in. We had two exams that were fairly intense. What made them difficult is that we only had one day to study before being tested on some of the material.


I did fine but I should have asked for extra time off work. I need to work on the feeling of diminishing levels of return. Find that perfect balance. I've put a lot of work in these classes. I want to make it clear that being in RT school is more fun then I've had in some time.


We get to work with people of all walks of life. We use equipment in the ways it was intended. I could go on. I know the lines. I've read the ethics. I know how to behave and I have some idea what to expect out of clinical. Wish me luck.


These are some thoughts others have shared regarding clinical success:
Show up, act professionally and within ethical bounds;
Assume abilities of being humble and taking direction;
Asking questions and being assertive;
and learning from past actions.
Ask how you can help.
Keep areas well stocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home