Saturday, September 02, 2006

Radiology File Room.

Thursday and Friday I worked in records. They call it the file room. What's different about a hospital with a totally digital work flow? No paper.


As I've noted earlier, we've been rotating around the hospital learning how the various jobs relate to each other. The idea is to see all the departments that work as a group to support radiology. I had fun. The staff were friendly, patient, and they put us straight to work.


We digitized old films both days. I had fun knowing that it was only for a day or two. Although the full time records staff there have mountains of films to process.


I always approach data entry with a zen-like calm; I find it very relaxing. We imputed the patient information for each film or series of films. What made the experience interesting was that we looked at some very old films from the late eighties and early nineties. I made note of different pathology represented in the films. It was interesting to note how digital radiography really changed the image quality.


Someone brought in some tequila flavored chocolates. They were quite rich. We stated to talking about recreational alcohol consumption. We did so in hushed tones though.


I've been meeting several of the technologists that will likely be involved in my education. What I've noticed is how the HR values diversity. The technologists are from many backgrounds. They're all interesting people in their way.

5 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I came across a link to your blog someone posted on radiologyforums.com. I'm a Rad Tech student as well. I just finished up my first month and thought I'd drop by and say hello! I look forward to reading more about your journey. Take care!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

Thanks Kristen. It's good to hear from you. All the best in your own journey.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger CTDave95 said...

I came across your student blog on radiologyforums.com, and with your permission will post a link on my website http://davesplacesinradiology.com/StudentPage.htm. I've been a technologist for close to 40 years now, and I enjoy the comments of students just begining their futures in radiology.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

Hi Dave,

Sure, that sounds great. Although the link you sent me is a dead one, at the time I clicked anyway, I'd be happy to be linked to.

Regards,

PF

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger CTDave95 said...

How about trying www.davesplacesinradiology.com/StudentPage.htm. I left out the www on my previous comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home