Monday, August 28, 2006

First Clinical Day

Today was the first clinical day. I met many dymamic and friendly individuals. The day started with a review of expectations and locations. We talked at length on everything from a bus pass to personal leave. That part of it wasn't every interesting. But what made the it fun was talking with the education coordinator of the hospital.


She's really very much a people person. She arranges education for many hospital staff including doctors. Hearing her talk about her job made me realize how irreplaceable she is. I can't imaging trying find someone to fill her shoes. She coordinates continuing eduction for a lot of the staff.


We met up with the “seniors,” second year students who showed us around to all the x-ray rooms scattered through out the wing. And of course the ER, trauma, CT, and MR.


I simply don't know how to convey my excitement about the placement at this particular hospital. It really looks like a huge extended family. Of course, I could be projecting my expectations. I don't think so. I'm a rather reserved fellow and I was very much made to feel welcome.


I met a few techs. That's kinda where I didn't get an impression. But I'm sure I'll get one tomorrow. I'll be shadowing in transport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home