Friday, January 12, 2007

Week of Ice


Week of: January 8, 2007

Abstract:
I work in my trauma rotation. School closes for two days due to snow/extreme black ice.

What went well: Overall I'm pleased with how I'm doing in my didactic studies.

What needs work: I'm still a little off in my clinical.

Elucidation:
What a weird week. I don't know weather to cheer or cry. Since the ice storm, I missed a clinical day. I really wanted to go, but I heeded the meteorologist's advice and stayed home. It was an excused absence, seeing how the college was closed. I'm feeling caught up in my studies, which rocks.

My one day of clinical went well. I fulfilled my goal to be more proactive in my approach and found myself becoming integral to many of the exams. I followed the techs to the exams and found that I was able to help. I'm starting to feel my legs again in clinical. My comp attempts were off, but more solid than last week.

We received a lecture and practice problems on the inverse square law as well as the 15% rule. I followed it fine but I'm practicing the math as I go. It's been several months since my last math class.

Goals for next week:

Work harder in clinical and succeed more in my objectives
Comp two exams
Continue to be proactive in the learning process in clinical and synthesize information from the classroom to clinical experience.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Goals...Today we are snowed in (well really a dusting) so no clinical for us. Jump in there with your comps!! The 15% rule...blah...I had no clue there would be so much math. Good Luck!! I'm sure it will all come back to you.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

Yeah, I took math while I waited for my seat in the program. It's been paying off. Thanks for the kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home