Sunday, January 21, 2007

No Clever headline


Week of: January 15 2007

Abstract: We end the pelvis unit and begin the spine. My clinical experience improves.

What went well: My didactic studies feel focused.

What needs work:
I'm still slightly out of sync with clinical

Elucidation:
I enjoyed this week. I didn't fulfill my goal for two comps. But I do feel I've gotten closer to where I want to be: better familiarity with equipment and protocols; a willingness to ask questions and learn from mistakes. I continue to feel challenged by the many aspects of a successful exam. An example? I put an extremity cassette in the bucky for a foot exam.

I try to go through my mind with ideas on how to improve performance. What did I do well? What did I learn from the experience? How will I improve next time.

All this to say; I had much more fun. I'm starting to feel like the hospital is one my homes. When I relax I tend to perform better. Here's hoping that hold true for next week.

I did gain progress in two of last weeks goals: Continue to be proactive in the learning process in clinical and synthesize information from the classroom to clinical experience.

Goals for next week:
All of last weeks goals.

4 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog, especially this format where you talk about what went well, what needs work, etc. I'm a future rad tech student - been on the waiting list since 9/04 and probably won't get in til 8/08. It's been really helpful having blogs such as yours to read.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO...please don't feel bad...last semester we were at the only hospital in our area that uses extremity cassettes and on a comp did the same thing...We were in our 3rd out of 5th semesters so they cut us some slack but boy did we feel foolish. My goal this week is 2 comps as well...we shall see. Do you have a specific # you have to do each semester? I have to complete 13 this semester and I have 3 done. Now to study Specials, physics 2 and rad protection...I'm brain feels like it might explode.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

@tiffany - That's why I'm doing this. So it's great to hear from you! I took physics, chem and math while I waited. And I have not regretted it once. This program really has tested the background I received from those classes.

It was definitely worth the wait. I love what I'm doing. Keep in touch.

@ncxraymom - Yeah, we have quotas, so to speak. Our comp totals are more modest, for now. One of the great things about my school is how they build the load up slowly.

Sadly, the winter break took its toll on my chops. I felt like I was wearing oven mitts the first few weeks. Hopefully this week will rock. It's my last in trauma. Next week is ortho: a first-year's playground! I'll get 'em by the truck load! (slight exaggeration;-)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

I love your photography. your composition is great. I am a budding photographer myself and hope to get out a little more this summer, once the weather get better. Keep the pics coming.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home