Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's the Quality Not the Quantity


Week of: 2007-02-08

Abstract: Things are progressing much the same...

Mood: Uninspired, overworked, grouchy

What went well:
I internalized much of the new material and brought it to clinical

What needs work:
I need to do more mock work. Get into the labs.

Elucidation:
No fun. Well, not exactly. I finished up my second week in ortho with only two comps. My feeling about the situation is that it's quality not the quantity that counts. The education coordinator said much the same. “You need to act like a sponge. Gain all you can from the techs.”

Class room work is somewhat overwhelming, which is okay. I just need to buckle down. I just would like more time. Blah. We've begun our second unit on spines which I'm really excited about. It's not an understatement to say that I've been waiting two years to get into this stuff.

I love the people. Which is nice to be able to say since the medical field is all about people. I think my patients sense that vibe on some level. I enjoy interacting with techs and fellow students. I find I enjoy my interactions with the docs too.

Goals for next week:
Get several comps in ortho.
Get into the labs at school.
Get some counseling on campus regarding anxiety.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice open mouth...did you take that? We just got done with the spine a few weeks ago. We are now working on fluoro exams. Have a good weekend!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

Kristen - it's just an example placed on the light box. Thanks.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

nice odontoid. Were they in a collar? I hate when the dental work gets in the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home