Monday, February 19, 2007

No More Moaning, Well...



Week of: 02/12/2007


Abstract: My three weeks in ortho ends. I begin surgery rotation for the first time this week.


Mood: Apprehensive yet optimistic


What went well: I did well in my classroom exams. Clinical was enjoyable.


What needs work: Same as last week


Elucidation:

Well I'm through being hard on myself. I will continue to assertive but balance that with acceptance. I'm doing the best I can and I sticking with it. What does that mean?


I got two comps last week and I'm okay with that number. I'm not going to jump down my own throat when I do badly in an exam. I'm going to chalk it up as a learning experience. Note that I not taking about negligence. I plan to get in and get out. I do like to interact with the patients if possible but not to the point of distraction.


That's one thing different about OR. No patients to chat with. I'm a newbie in the department, so I'm a little nervous. Well I'm gonna be brief and wish you all a fantastic week!


Goals for next week:

Use initiative. Get into OR Rooms and observe.

Take notes of the procedures.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hang in there--Surgery can be really really exciting, or really really boring. Alot has to do with the Dr's and nurses you interact with.

hope you had a good monday and tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home