Sunday, May 20, 2007

In the Court of the Ortho Queen

Weeks of:
2007-04-30
2007-05-07
2007-05-14

Abstract: I've been busy. Exams every week. Ortho ends OR next week.

Mood:
Cheerful

What went well:
I managed 10 comps during my ortho rotation,

What needs work:
Confidence around techs with strong personalities.

Elucidation:
I'm writing this a study for my practical and exam on UGI and BE. I'm still excited about the process.

I got a huge compliment from the ortho lead: “You do knees exams as well as anyone. You act with confidence and accuracy. You work hard and it shows." I really needed that statement. It's good to hear.

Not all my interactions were that easy. As many students know, there comes a time when you can do many exams with confidence. One tech, I'll call her the Ortho Queen was interested in teaching me her way of every exam I attempted. She might say, “No. No. You must do it like this.” I wanted so badly to scream to the sky, “Hello, I already know how to do axillary shoulders!

I missed the point however, I can learn something from every tech. I'm too the point now where I know how to nail most ortho exams. But it's important to let go of that, and to some extent, embrace the opportunity for growth. I feel like the willful-spirited teen.

OR here I come.

Goals for next week:
Kick butt in the OR: do multiple exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home