Sunday, June 24, 2007

Spring Wrap Up

Quarter of: Spring 2007


Abstract: I finish my first year successfully.


Mood: Relaxed, I had six continuous days off.


What went well: My clinical experience provided many areas of growth.


What needs work: Assertiveness and speed.


Elucidation: Spring quarter was successful on my many counts. And I'm sorry if this is going to be a self congratulatory sounding post. But I managed a sweet GPA for the quarter.


I got a glowing evaluation from the education coordinator of the hospital. She's noted growth in all areas. It was interesting to me that I pretty much led the evaluation.


Wow! My second year starts tomorrow. I'm feeling a little apprehensive as usual. Read my last few posts if you're wondering why. This is a different set-up because there are no classroom hours. It's all in the hospital 07:30-16:00 M-F. I know I'm going to learn a lot.


Goals for next Quarter: To gain self proficiency in triage & in-patient portables. To gain speed and accuracy in the OR. To continue to integrate and synthesize concepts and methods.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a great first year!! I start my first year of the program on July 10, and I'm SOOO excited!!

I enjoy your blog!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger paradise.found said...

Thanks for the kind words, AB. Good luck to you. Let me know if you start a blog about your experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home